ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) is business process management software. It is used to collect and connect information in an enterprise organization. During manufacturing and retailing, companies use ERP system to integrate various business processes. It is also used by financial service.
Steps to choose the right ERP
- Understand the goals and objectives of an organization.
- Set time for an organization to attain its goal. It may take months or even years to complete.
- Since it takes longer time, search a long term relationship with the service provider.
Implementation of ERP is not an easy task. There are some ways to integrate ERP. They are
- Direct integration – Installation of ERP on to an organization.
- Database integration – Different applications have their data stored in a specific
- Custom integration solution – Used on workstations to deliver customized solutions
Nowadays, both cloud computing and ERP technologies have become an integral part of an organization. Cloud computing is used to store and access, data and programs over the Internet. The deployment model of cloud has 4 types namely,
- Private – Sharing within an organization
- Public – available to the general public
- Community – Sharing among organizations.
- Hybrid – Combination of private and public cloud models.
Cloud computing in addition to ERP is commonly termed as “Cloud ERP”. It helps entire organization to access a system. A long list of organizations adopted cloud erp solution singapore. ERP fulfills business requirements by integrating different functions of organization into a single system.